(Click on the link above)
Contest Round: 10 minutes Contest Reward: Trophy & Bragging Rights
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 15, 2017.
- Participation in this event will be at the discretion of the festival committee, as they reserve the right to review an entrant’s qualifications and accomplishments.
- Winners decided by number of burgers consumed in 10 minutes (measurements by 1/4 of hamburgers eaten).
- Food cannot be touched or manipulated by eaters prior to start.
- Eaters can drink as much room temperature (or colder) liquid while eating.
- Eaters must finish one full hamburger prior to starting another hamburger.
- Any food that passes the lips into the mouth must stay in the mouth.
- “Picnic Style” rules will be enforced.
~Food cannot be dunked in liquids or have liquids poured on the food.
~Food cannot be separated, torn or otherwise modified.
~Food cannot be mashed or balled.
~All reasonable efforts must be taken to keep food intact.
~For this event, hamburgers must be picked up and eaten as they are intended to be eaten – lower bun, hamburger and upper bun must always be eaten as one food unit.
- Any reversal during the 10-minute Eating Contest will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any “Picnic Style Rule” infraction will result in either a penalty assessed (deduction of one burger) or immediate disqualification.
- After the 10-minute Eating Contest is over, a 30 second “Chipmunking Rule” is enforced where any food that remains in the mouth must be cleared (eaten) in 30 seconds without using hands to clear it. Eaters must show an empty mouth at the 30 second mark (or prior). If food remains in the mouth, a penalty will be assessed (deduction of one burger).
- After the 10-minute Eating Contest is over, a 2 minute “No Reversal Rule” is enforced (concurrent with the Chipmunking Rule) where any food that is eaten must remain “down” for 2 minutes after the Eating Contest is over.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
Entry Form for: The 3rd All-American Burger Festival Hamburger Eating Contest
Registration forms should be brought or mailed to Mark’s Outing, 1624 E. Commerce St., San Antonio, TX 78205, no later than, 4 p.m., on Saturday, July 8, 2017. You may also scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.